Purchase Order is a document containing the list of items either goods or services with their details that a buyer wants to purchase from the supplier. Purchase Orders help the customers post their direct purchase requirements to the supplier.
In the ARAP software, the feature of Purchase Order is available to both Buyer and Supplier however the functionalities are completely different for both parties.
Buyer can use the PO feature to import and submit their purchase orders to a supplier whereas the supplier can receive the PO and accept / reject it. If accepted, the supplier can raise an invoice against the Purchase Order.
Please note that Buyer and Supplier can not perform their respective functions on the opposite side.
First, let's take a look at the Buyer sided Purchase Order module features -
- 1.The primary thing to do as a buyer is to import a Purchase Order. For importing Purchase Order, follow these steps -
- 2.Go to the Purchase Order module and hover the mouse over the “+Create New” button. A dropdown will appear, click on the Import button.
- 3.A sidebar will appear from the right side, asking the user to select the file. When clicked on “Choose File” a window will open showing the files in the system for importing.
- 4.When importing the PO, the user needs to select a template for mapping purposes. Either the user can make a new template using “New Template” radio button. Name the template and proceed to mapping.
If a new template is not needed then the user can select the “saved template” radio button and a dropdown containing templates created and saved before will appear. User needs to select the desired template and proceed.
- 1.Now after the PO has been imported, the user needs to check if it's “Valid”, “Invalid” or “Duplicate”. Only a valid PO will appear in the PO listing.
For checking this, the user has to go to the “Create New” button and select the “Purchase log” option from the dropdown. Then the Purchase Log listing screen will open.
- 1.A PO will go in -:
- 2.Valid bucket if all the details are valid and the PO Number does not exist in the Listing.
- 3.Invalid bucket if there is some kind of error in the PO whether in calculations or other fields. The user can check what the errors are using the view error log button. This will display the JSON containing errors with description.
- 4.Duplicate bucket if the PO details are valid but the PO number already exists in the listing. The user needs to check the file and either import a PO with a different unique PO number.
- 5.Once a PO has been successfully created, it will be added in the listing of both buyer and supplier with the status “New”. The supplier will also receive a notification whenever a new PO is received.
After this, the supplier’s role will come into play.
Now, let's take a look at the supplier side -
After the supplier receives a PO, they will get a notification for the same and the PO will be added to the listing.
- 1.Click on the PO number in the listing and it will open the PO screen and details.
- 2.From there , on the top right side find the 3 dot icon. Hover the mouse over that icon which will open a list of options.
- 3.The user can accept / reject the PO and additionally, attach a pdf using “View and Add doc” and also download the pdf print of the PO using the “download” option. To add a doc, click on the “View and add doc” button. A side bar will appear from the right.
- 4.On accepting / rejecting the PO, its status will change from “New” to “Accepted / Rejected”.
- 5.If the PO has been rejected, then the user won't be able to create an invoice for that PO. If accepted, the user can go to the same 3 dot icon and click “Create Invoice”. This will copy the details of PO and proceed to the create invoice page.
- 6.Afterwards, the supplier can create the invoice. Now, it depends on the buyer’s configuration settings if that supplier can make some special changes with the line items , please refer to the PO and invoice based settings of buyer in the snapshot below -
- 7.Now, based on the invoice and PO settings of the buyer, the supplier will be able to make respective changes (if needed).
- 8.After the invoice is created, it will be added to the list of invoices with the PO details also. The PO details of a PO based invoice will be visible in the invoice PDF also.